Geneva Report
I've just returned from the Epistemic Agency conference in Switzerland held at the University of Geneva. It was hosted by Pascal Engel (pronounced, appropriately, like "Angel") and was preceded by a week of lectures by John Greco. It was quite a gathering of the virtue epistemologists: JanusBlog Editor-in-Chief Guy Axtell, Jason Baehr, Adam Carter, and myself--a regular ABCD of virtue epistemology, it was quite a blessing. All we need is an E and F and we can connect ourselves directly to John!
[Aside: I'm writing this on the flight back to New York. Swiss Air (or whatever it really is) rules. I just got free red wine with my (delicious) pasta and when I acted surprised she gave me an extra bottle with a wink! But here's the aside: I put the bottles aside to finish this note and let it assume room temperature to drink and had the following thought: "I'm going to be pissed if this plane crashes and I don't get a chance to drink that first." What's the matter with me?]
At any rate, it was a very productive and enjoyable time. I'll be sorting pictures today hoping to get them up by tonight amongst the necessary catching up on work.
Both my talks went very well, and I hope to post some thoughts on the conference over on JanusBlog in the next couple of weeks. Right now it's on to finals!

<< Home